Donated items should be shelf-stable, unopened (except for spices, which can be opened but must be in the original container), and vegan. We can also use produce- for example, if you have excess from a garden- but please only drop off produce on Saturday or Sunday. Items can be dropped off on the porch of the Wingnut Anarchist Collective, at 2005 Barton Avenue, Richmond Virginia. If you would like to organize a can drive, contact email@example.com, to work out details.
Vegan means no animal products, meaning no meat, fish, meat broths or stock, lard, dairy, gelatin, or eggs. Honey is ok.
– Canned tomatoes and tomato sauce
– Vegetable oil and olive oil
– Canned beans of all types, but especially kidney beans, black beans, and garbanzo beans (chickpeas). We have much more use for these beans than for greenbeans.
– Canned corn (not creamed corn), peas, and carrots
– Pasta sauce in jars or cans
– Spices, especially garlic powder, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and chili powder.
– Soy sauce
– Sugar, white and brown
– Baking soda and powder
– Dry oatmeal
– Drink mixes like: lemonade mix, iced tea mix, tea, hot cocoa (without milk products), kool-aid.
– Tin foil
– Cleaning products, especially dish soap, brushes, and packs of sponges.
Things which we need much less of, but find useful:
– Salad dressings
– Dried fruits
– Molasses or maple syrup
– Flavoring extracts like vanilla, almond, and lemon
– Shelf stable jars of apple sauce
– Vegetable shortening
Specialty items which we usually cook without, but can use:
– Nutritional yeast
– Egg replacer powder