Donated items should be shelf-stable, unopened (except for spices, which can be opened but must be in the original container), and vegan. We can also use produce: for example, if you have excess from a garden. Please only drop off produce between Friday and Sunday. Items can be dropped off at Food not Bombs which is on the side of the building through the gate of RVA Createspace, at 607 Wickham St. Richmond VA 23222.
If you would like to organize a food drive, contact email@example.com, to work out details.
ITEMS TO DONATE
– Tin foil
– Vegetable oil and olive oil
– Cleaning products, especially dish soap, brushes, and packs of sponges.
– Large reusable tupperware
– Plastic bags
– Rinsed out plastic containers of various kinds (yogurt, take-out, etc)
– Plastic utensils
– Canned tomatoes and tomato sauce
– Canned beans of all types, but especially kidney beans, black beans, and garbanzo beans (chickpeas). We have much more use for these beans than for green beans.
– Canned corn (not creamed corn), peas, and carrots
– Pasta sauce in jars or cans
– Spices, especially garlic powder, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and chili powder.
– Soy sauce
– Sugar, white and brown
– Baking soda and powder
– Dry oatmeal
– Drink mixes like: lemonade mix, iced tea mix, tea, hot cocoa, kool-aid.
Things which we need much less of, but find useful:
– Salad dressings
– Dried fruits
– Molasses or maple syrup
– Flavoring extracts like vanilla, almond, and lemon
– Shelf stable jars of apple sauce
– Vegetable shortening
Specialty items which we usually cook without, but can use:
– Nutritional yeast
– Egg replacer powder